PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy new Headset

Detroit_Driveby
Aug-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Hey Fellows,

Well my kids finely broke my gaming headset :( So i need to figure out what is good out there..I'm thinking somewhere in the $100 range max..So if you don't mind giving me some info on some good choices or atleast what your using, i would appreciate it. Thanks in advance, Detroit.

Buddha
Aug-09-2011, 12:52 AM
well, do you want stereo? virtual 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound? or true 5.1 surround. yes, there are some companies that put 5 speakers in each ear piece that are connected via some type of tube system, that run to the correct positions in the ear. I really like my razer carcharias (sp?). pretty good sound field for being stereo. i also really liked the steelseries 5hv2 stereo and usb. the usb version comes with a usb sound card that has virtual surround sound. but you can also use it as a stereo headset. ive never used any of the better logitech headsets, i think most of those support virtual surround sound. however, you could also, buy just a pair of stereo headphones and use a desktop mic or find a way to mod the phones for a boom style mic. the only reason i suggest this, is because of the better sound quality and depth they provide. here is a good article on the audio technica ad700 (http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/446329/fragtality-s-audio-technica-ad700-boom-mic-mod) hope that helps. have a good one!

Buddha

Zen
Aug-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Pro tip: Don't have kids.

Detroit_Driveby
Aug-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Zen thats tip is just a bit late...lol Also where the hell you been!!!!!

tango
Aug-09-2011, 11:35 PM
I think the one Major Payne uses would fit your need. Btw, what will you get your kids when they want to play? :D

Zen
Aug-10-2011, 08:29 AM
I'm a bit bored with online gaming right now in general. Also I'm trying to figure my shit out both money and relationship wise. You know I'm down to hang out with yall, but every time I get on there is no one on, so I've stopped checking as much as I really should.

You can't take em back to the pet store?

Detroit_Driveby
Aug-11-2011, 01:30 AM
lol no there was no return policy DAM IT!! And Tango i actually do want to talk shit and not just hear static...lol

Fiftyfive
Aug-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Pro tip: Don't have kids.

lol zen

Luminatus
Aug-13-2011, 04:21 PM
So, back on topic. I just bought a Logitech g930. Bit pricy, ($135.00 cdn) but worth it in my opinion.

space cowboy
Aug-15-2011, 06:38 PM
i have the logitech g35 and love it... ive also own the razer carachis and the plantronics gamecoms... the razer and plantronics are def good headsets but the mic and ear pieces on the g35 are way better... ive tried other virtual surround sound headsets and these won for me... you can find them in the 100 dollar range too

Warmachine
Aug-16-2011, 07:28 PM
!DollarStore Brah!