PDA

View Full Version : What type of system are you running?

konc3pt
May-23-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm curious because when I play black ops mine runs terrible. I know it's mainly because of my pc but I was wondering if any of you techy's knew any setting tweaks or anything that may help me run better. Currently I play on my roommates rig. Nothing special. Dell machine with upgraded video card and power supply. My machine is currently down but It is no better. I'm going to build a new machine sometime hopefully soon. Anyway heres what i'm running now

With All graphics and game settings on the lowest settings
I don't think the graphics card is the problem on the lowest settings as much as I believe the processor is having a tough time with the load. I freeze for a few seconds constantly and i can hear the machine working its ass to the limit. Altho when I engage gun battles specially close range i get real choppy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Manufacturer:
Dell Inc.
Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Hard Drive: 489 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Monitor: Hanns.G HG281
Sound Card:
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones: Plantronics Audio 355
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
Mouse: Logitech g5 lazer
Mouse Surface: rocketfish
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)

Magician
May-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Intel q9300 Quad at 3.4ghz water cooled
16GB ddr3
(2) 150 vraptor (stripped)
(4) 2tb wd raid 5
(2) Nvidia 470sli
Winders 7 64 Ult

All max max settings and seems fine. Your video card is a little low for this game and should be below the next installments requirements.

tank1023
May-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Your problem is your CPU. BO is more CPU dependent than a lot of games. Your pretty much screwed until you get a quad core or better.
I run a 980x @ 4.0 but only a 260 GPU because I don't need to run my 2 -470's. I leave those folding in my back up rig.

Perturabo
May-24-2011, 05:02 AM
Yeah it's the CPU, I had a nearly identical system before I upgraded. The GPU could use a boost sure, but upgrading your CPU will net you the largest gain in the terribly ported console engine that current CoD games run on.

As for me:

Intel Core i5 2500K, 4433 MHz (43 x 103)
Asus P8P67 Pro
8g G Skill
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Blackops on a SSD

and also:
Logitech G15, G35
Cyborg RAT7

Luminatus
May-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Your problem is your CPU. BO is more CPU dependent than a lot of games. Your pretty much screwed until you get a quad core or better.
I run a 980x @ 4.0 but only a 260 GPU because I don't need to run my 2 -470's. I leave those folding in my back up rig.

Every chance you get, eh?

Buddha
May-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Well, maybe its just cause iam out of the technical loop, but i have a decent system and have been getting blue screens, fatal errors, lockups with no errors, sometimes i can ctrl-alt-del and then alt tab back in and its fine. i have no idea what the problem is, but its damned annoying. i have a 3.2ghz quad core, 4gb of memory, and a gtx460. im also running windows 7. i think the game was just rushed and coded poorly.

tank1023
May-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Well, maybe its just cause iam out of the technical loop, but i have a decent system and have been getting blue screens, fatal errors, lockups with no errors, sometimes i can ctrl-alt-del and then alt tab back in and its fine. i have no idea what the problem is, but its damned annoying. i have a 3.2ghz quad core, 4gb of memory, and a gtx460. im also running windows 7. i think the game was just rushed and coded poorly.

Go into your bios and bump up your vcore a bit

Perturabo
May-24-2011, 08:43 PM
I'd say check your RAM first, before you change anything in the bios. I had a RAM stick start to fail and cause those kinds of issues.

Luminatus
May-24-2011, 09:49 PM
i think the game was just rushed and coded poorly.

This is true, but if you're getting bluescreens, it's most likely a driver issue. note down which file is causing it, and maybe the error code (looks like 0x0000000).

konc3pt
May-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah it's the CPU, I had a nearly identical system before I upgraded. The GPU could use a boost sure, but upgrading your CPU will net you the largest gain in the terribly ported console engine that current CoD games run on.

As for me:

Intel Core i5 2500K, 4433 MHz (43 x 103)
Asus P8P67 Pro
8g G Skill
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Blackops on a SSD

and also:
Logitech G15, G35
Cyborg RAT7

This is very similar to what I wanted to build about a year ago but with with a i7 920 and 12-16 gig of ram. Thanks for everyones replies. I knew it was my system and I plan to upgrade before another installment comes out. I get so frustrated playing sometimes.

Anyway this computer also about every 6 months gives me an error and tells me the bios aren't installed and I have to break out this stupid dell cd with the os on it and boot from cd and that usually fixes it. Any ideas on that?

tank1023
May-26-2011, 11:06 AM
This is very similar to what I wanted to build about a year ago but with with a i7 920 and 12-16 gig of ram. Thanks for everyones replies. I knew it was my system and I plan to upgrade before another installment comes out. I get so frustrated playing sometimes.

Anyway this computer also about every 6 months gives me an error and tells me the bios aren't installed and I have to break out this stupid dell cd with the os on it and boot from cd and that usually fixes it. Any ideas on that?

I would check to see if there are updated bios (which I'm sure there are) save the new bios as an ISO file onto a CD. Go into the bios and change your boot sequence to you dvd drive. Put the disk in and restart your rig. It should start to update your bios right away.

I would suggest going with a intel 2600k sandy bridge CPU. Guys are overclocking these chips to 5.5 on air! You can find deals on microcenter.com.

konc3pt
May-26-2011, 12:02 PM
i was looking at parts yesterday I was thinking of going with a i7 950 or 960 with a asus sabertooth x58 mobo. Still just looking. I don't want to purchase anything before probably october since I won't need it untill then and stuff will be cheaper by then. I would like a 6 core but i cant justify spending $500 on a processor

Buddha
May-27-2011, 05:13 AM
well, when i get fatal errors in the game i get no kind of anything except the fatal error. used memtest to test the memory and it came back with no errors. just did a clean install of everything, did some windows tweaks and will do some game tweaks after some sleep. tank, can you give me a small refresher of what the vcore does? also, when i was getting blue screens, all drivers were updated and whatnot. hopefully it works this time around. and with bsods, everytime you search something from microsoft, it gives some bullshit run around excuses of why it happened and their database sucks ass.

tank1023
May-27-2011, 10:17 AM
vcore will add voltage to your CPU or other device containing a processing core.

I overclock the snot out of anything I put in my rigs. Because of this I get a lot of BSOD, I've looked up the error codes before and they don't really give you a good indication of the issue.
In an older rig the biggest thing to go are: Ram (you already checked) CPU, GPU and PSU.
You wouldn't get a BSOD if the GPU was bad unless you are trying to OC it too high. Most of the time you will get artifact.
PSU's do go bad over time and may not be supplying enough power to your CPU. Thats why I suggest bumping up the vcore. Most of the time you can go to about 1.4 without too much heat. (more vcore = more heat to the CPU) If you are running a stock CPU cooler than you don't want to go over 1.4.

Luminatus
May-27-2011, 04:47 PM
I overclock the snot out of anything I put in my rigs. Because of this I get a lot of BSOD, I've looked up the error codes before and they don't really give you a good indication of the issue.

Not necessarily, it is rare, but sometimes they tell you exactly what's wrong, especially if it's a driver issue (damn you d-link!).

GuiltyG3ar
Jan-12-2015, 07:22 PM
chip - intel i74930k @ 4.7 ghz
ram - 32gb Corsair dominator Platnium 2133 mhz
video - tri sli evga gtx 780 classifieds @ 1306/1750/3605
sound - creative z series
ssd - x4 Corsair gtx neutron series 240 gb
hd - x2 3tb western digital black
cooling
cpu - xspc 480 ex in push pull - xspc raystorm special edition
gpu - xspc 480 ex in push pull - ek full cover block
mobo - custom blocks by natemandoo over at evga
games running on ssd i back up all stuff to tb drives before archiving onto a passport drive for storage in safe lol. Also running win 7 64 as well as razer cortex for gaming

JOKER2570
Jul-18-2016, 11:46 AM
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-8370 16 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASRock 990FX Extreme3 (CPUSocket) 41 °C
Graphics
S240HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
3072MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series (Gigabyte) 37 °C
Storage
698GB Seagate ST750LM022 HN-M750MBB ATA Device (SATA) 28 °C
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-9YN162 ATA Device (SATA) 30 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653B ATA Device
Audio
Logitech G35 Gaming Headset

V1ND1CT1V3
Jul-19-2016, 10:51 AM
sabertooth 990 fx
8 core amd (koolance full water block)
16 gig ram (with cooler)
3 ssd (raid 0)
1 tb hard drive
7.1 logitech (wireless)
logitech hd camera
3 monitors ( main monitor is asus vg248qe 1ms responce time)
strike 7 keyboard ( with touch screen )
gunnar gamming glasses
rat 9 mouse ( 6200 dpi set )
razor vespula mouse pad with gel wrist support
saints leather gaming chair ( black n gold of course )
danger den res. ( blue uav non corrosive coolant )
swiftech full 1/2 silent pump
12' x 8' radiator
zero chill uav active fluid
black light blue uav cathode light with optional sound responce
8 fans
roswill 1500 modular psu 80 plus gold
r9 390 8gig gpu
lg duel layer blueray burner wit hlight scribe x 2
logitech force feed back stearing wheel n pedals ( for driving )
cyborg x flight stick ( for flying )
all in a coolance sword-m hydrolic full tower