+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cant do it no more...

[RCF] Member

Default Cant do it no more...

Even after a fresh install of everything; os, game, drivers, defrags of game files and harddrive, memtest and harddrive testing programs the game black ops is still shit. got my first fatal error tonight, 1 day after all this. i just cant keep playing such a broken game. hopefully, after i move and get a different machine mw3 will be better, until then you will catch be playing world of tanks. flats, if you want another account to level up let me know. its been fun and hope to catch some of you in WoT.

Buddha

i got it 2

Buddha, Thats weird that you can play other games but not BO. When the game came out I was getting horrible stutter and could not figure it out. Anyway, it ended up being a program I was running in the background. BO hates any program you use to monitor your system, like E-leet, Precision, Everest etc..
    EVGA Folding @ Home...The life you save may be your own...
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...hp?s=&u=452072

[RCF] Member

this is afer a fresh install. nothing is installed except ts, black ops and world of tanks.

Hey Bud...read these options. As you know I've had problems running the game and went to Steam's Support for BO and I did what was suggested and BO works....recently I lost the game sound and did what they suggested and it works......so check it out as it was in the Air Force working on jets...alot of problems were fixed by trial and error..the tech order troubleshooting guides sucked for the F-111 so trial and error was the best method...only the lack of patience slowed matters down. So here ya go Brother....https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...9257-TUJL-7421 and/or http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...=optimizations ....Infinity7 is the author and this worked BIG time!!!!.....If you have any questions Bud....send me a message in here or in Steam....hope this helps... this is the Game Optimizations Summary:
    Game Optimizations Compiled - Brief Summary of what players reported

*** Game version is 7.0.42 after patch released 12/15/10. Bring down the game console and you should see that number. Most say Intel Core 2 Duo's benefitted from last patch but AMD dual cores did not. Many believe their issues are related to sounds. Game runs better on Windows 7 than it did prior to patch. Some are saying that enabling new option Shader Warming makes the game run worse for only the first game or so but then after restarting the game again and playing with that option on that things run better than before patch.

*** Stutter: Seems like most people who have resolved issues with game stutter are finding the solution by changing their sound device KHz value in Windows sound devices so that it's the same KHz value they see for "seta snd_khz" in their multiplayer config file. Or maybe try 44 (or other value) for both the config file and Windows sound device. Do this for your single player config file too. In the config files set snd_losOcclusion to "0". For more info on this sound tweak see thread posted by Dark_hunt3r: http://<br /> http://forums.steampo....php?t=1606757 )
    On another note, some players say they simply deleted their config files (after backing them up) and let the game rebuild them to resolve stutter after the last patch.

*** Game files up-to-date (Steam check):
    In Steam/Library/right-click Call of Duty: Black Ops/Properties/Local Files/Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Do that for the single player & multiplayer both (even if you don't do the single player) then restart Steam completely.

*** Game files defragmented (Steam check):
    After a while of heavy gameplay the game files can get fragmented and some stutter can start to occur because it.
    In Steam/Library/right-click Call of Duty: Black Ops/Properties/LocalFiles/Defragment Cache Files.
    Do that for the single player & multiplayer both (even if you don't do the single player) then restart Steam completely.

*** Steam options:
    In Steam options select "go offline" to reduce any system overhead due to Steam working in the background during your game.

*** Graphics in-game:
    Increase (rather than decrease, oddly enough) Texture Quality, Anistropic, and Anti-Aliasing, for better gameplay. Theories for why this works is that it seems to take some load off of the CPU or differently regulates the way data is sent/received to/from the server. Turn off Shadows for increased performance. Noticably so for this game.

*** Graphics in Windows:
    Right-click BlackOpsMP.exe and in the Compatibility Tab put a check mark for 'Disable visual themes' and 'Disable desktop composition'

*** Graphics with certain video cards:
    NVidia: It's possible that setting to High Quality in NVidia Control Panel improves gameplay.
    NVidia driver 263.00 working good for all cards.
    NVidia driver 265.90 working good for the 200 series cards if you get the international version then use a modified inf file.
    ATI: Some are saying that stopping Catalyst Control Center in the background improves gameplay and they're recommending latest driver 10.12.

*** Sound:
    * 1) Check your config_mp.cfg, find the setting "seta snd_khz" and see what the value is, leave value there, go into Windows sound devices and make sure your PC's default device matches this. Change to match if necessary. If this does not help you might try setting the KHz value to be 44 in both places. Or 40. Depends on your machine. Make same change in single player config file too. Also may benefit to untick the checkbox that says "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device."
    * 2) Try out disabling your PC's sound device, rebooting, then trying the game again to see if your game issue goes away when it's like this. Not a good permanent solution in itself of course but if the test proves positive then try one of the other things on this list.
    * 3) Get add-in soundcard, preferably a PCI-express model (particularly rather than using motherboard sound)
    * 4) Get a USB headset (particularly rather than using motherboard sound)
    * 5) Set snd_losOcclusion to "0" and set snd_enableEq to "0" in config file.
    * 6) Type /snd_restart in game console while in the game and press Enter.

*** Config file Tweaks:
    Before you modify your config_mp.cfg file copy it to My Documents for backup.
    It's probably at one of these two locations:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players\config_mp.cfg
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players\config_mp.cfg
    Right click on it and go to Open With... Select wordpad (not notepad).
    * 1) r_multiGpu "0"
    Should be a 1 if you have multiple GPU's and should be a 0 if you don't. Adjust it if it is incorrect.
    * 2) r_multiThreadedDevice "1"
    Theoretically this should be a 1 if you have a dual core or quad core CPU and should be a 0 if your CPU is single core only.
    However some people with a dual or quad core find it's better for them to set it to a 0. You can experiment.
    * 3) seta sm_enable "0" - this value disables shadows, boosts performance
    * 4) seta r_blur_allowed "0"- this value disables visual blurring effect, boosts performance
    * 5) seta r_motionblur_enable "0" - this value disables visual blurring effect, boosts performance
    * 6) seta cl_maxpackets "100" - Adjust it for this value.
    * 7) seta cl_packetdup "5"
    Actually best value to set depends on your ping to the server you're playing on.
    Ping 20 set 1, ping 40 set 2, ping 60 set 3, ping 80 set 4, ping 100 and up set 5.
    * 8) Some people report that after deleting their config_mp.cfg file then going back into the game it creates a new config_mp.cfg file and their game runs much better. Be sure to back up your original one first just in case.

*** Reducing Game Priority in Windows Task Manager:
    Some say that if they go into Windows Task Manager/Processes/right-click the game on the list and change Priority to Below Normal or Low it makes it run better, presumably because the game was programmed to use too much CPU resources.

*** Overclocking CPU:
    Overclocking CPU on this game has much more profound effect on game smoothness than it does on other games but will not resolve issues such as stutter or freeze in itself.

*** Operating System:
    * 1) Some people are saying switching from Windows 7 to Windows XP fixed everything for them, but many say it's running fine on Windows 7.
    * 2) Some people using Win 7 or Vista are saying that running the game in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP makes the game run much better.
    * 3) Turning off SuperFetch service and Indexing may improve gameplay.
    * 4) Manually setting your Max and Min Virtual Memory to the Recommended Value may improve gameplay.

*** Third-Party Utilities:
    Some people are saying their gameplay has been made better by using third-parties tools like Game Booster which shuts down unnecessary system processes in order to improve the performance of resource-thirsty game.
    Last edited by tango; May-29-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: spelling

[RCF] Member

I have no idea wtf is going. still getting blue screens, doesnt matter if its wot or bo. i guess ill be out of commission for a while. seems like its either the motherboard or the memory, however my memory past all the test with memtest. it also seems like it has something do with the ntoskrnl which is beyond me. take it easy everyone and kill lots of noobs for me. hopefully i can get something figured out soon, until then, have a good one!

Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    I have no idea wtf is going. still getting blue screens, doesnt matter if its wot or bo. i guess ill be out of commission for a while. seems like its either the motherboard or the memory, however my memory past all the test with memtest. it also seems like it has something do with the ntoskrnl which is beyond me. take it easy everyone and kill lots of noobs for me. hopefully i can get something figured out soon, until then, have a good one!

Buddha
    Do you have another PSU to put in to see if that has taken a shit?
    EVGA Folding @ Home...The life you save may be your own...
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...hp?s=&u=452072

+ Reply to Thread