+ Reply to Thread

Thread: kernel power 41 ... failinf psu?? need help

[RCF] Member

Default kernel power 41 ... failinf psu?? need help

this crap started happening to me while gaming , loss of video signal to both montor. reboot to get video back, event viewer says kernel power maybe psu?

[RCF] Member

Event 41 simply means the PC did not power down as expected. You would get this error on the subsequent power up cycle. This would occur if the PC crashed or you held the power button down for more than 3 seconds to reboot (which I assume you did if you lost both video displays). I get these on occasion as well. Another RCF member had an issue (HeavyG?) similar to this. I believe he checked and there was a recall on Corsair power supplies.

This sounds like it could be a graphics card issue. Since it occurs during high power loads (gaming), you could check that your card's 6- and/or 8-pin cables are securely in place. Is there a way to set up your power supply to provide a "single" vs "dual" 12V rail? Mine does, and I set it to "single" via a jumper to ensure all power is available on that rail (as opposed to split between two 12V rails in which one rail could be overloaded and the other rail well underloaded depending on what loads are connected to each). You could download the free "CPUID HWMonitor" app to view, among other things, the voltages and monitor the peak excursions during a typical game. The easiest check would be to try the latest GPU drivers. If you are up-to-date, you might want to roll back to the previous GPU driver to determine if that is an issue.
    Last edited by Noodles; Mar-13-2018 at 11:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread