+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: What type of system are you running?

[RCF] Member

Default What type of system are you running?

I'm curious because when I play black ops mine runs terrible. I know it's mainly because of my pc but I was wondering if any of you techy's knew any setting tweaks or anything that may help me run better. Currently I play on my roommates rig. Nothing special. Dell machine with upgraded video card and power supply. My machine is currently down but It is no better. I'm going to build a new machine sometime hopefully soon. Anyway heres what i'm running now

With All graphics and game settings on the lowest settings
    I don't think the graphics card is the problem on the lowest settings as much as I believe the processor is having a tough time with the load. I freeze for a few seconds constantly and i can hear the machine working its ass to the limit. Altho when I engage gun battles specially close range i get real choppy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Manufacturer:
    Dell Inc.
    Processor:
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 3070MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 489 GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
    Monitor: Hanns.G HG281
    Sound Card:
    Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Speakers/Headphones: Plantronics Audio 355
    Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
    Mouse: Logitech g5 lazer
    Mouse Surface: rocketfish
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)
    Last edited by konc3pt; May-23-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Intel q9300 Quad at 3.4ghz water cooled
    16GB ddr3
    (2) 150 vraptor (stripped)
    (4) 2tb wd raid 5
    (2) Nvidia 470sli
    Winders 7 64 Ult

All max max settings and seems fine. Your video card is a little low for this game and should be below the next installments requirements.

Your problem is your CPU. BO is more CPU dependent than a lot of games. Your pretty much screwed until you get a quad core or better.
    I run a 980x @ 4.0 but only a 260 GPU because I don't need to run my 2 -470's. I leave those folding in my back up rig.
    EVGA Folding @ Home...The life you save may be your own...
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...hp?s=&u=452072

[RCF] Member

Yeah it's the CPU, I had a nearly identical system before I upgraded. The GPU could use a boost sure, but upgrading your CPU will net you the largest gain in the terribly ported console engine that current CoD games run on.

As for me:

Intel Core i5 2500K, 4433 MHz (43 x 103)
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    8g G Skill
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
    Blackops on a SSD

and also:
    Logitech G15, G35
    Cyborg RAT7

[RCF] Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tank1023 View Post
    Your problem is your CPU. BO is more CPU dependent than a lot of games. Your pretty much screwed until you get a quad core or better.
    I run a 980x @ 4.0 but only a 260 GPU because I don't need to run my 2 -470's. I leave those folding in my back up rig.
    Every chance you get, eh?

[RCF] Member

Well, maybe its just cause iam out of the technical loop, but i have a decent system and have been getting blue screens, fatal errors, lockups with no errors, sometimes i can ctrl-alt-del and then alt tab back in and its fine. i have no idea what the problem is, but its damned annoying. i have a 3.2ghz quad core, 4gb of memory, and a gtx460. im also running windows 7. i think the game was just rushed and coded poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Well, maybe its just cause iam out of the technical loop, but i have a decent system and have been getting blue screens, fatal errors, lockups with no errors, sometimes i can ctrl-alt-del and then alt tab back in and its fine. i have no idea what the problem is, but its damned annoying. i have a 3.2ghz quad core, 4gb of memory, and a gtx460. im also running windows 7. i think the game was just rushed and coded poorly.

Go into your bios and bump up your vcore a bit
    EVGA Folding @ Home...The life you save may be your own...
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...hp?s=&u=452072

[RCF] Member

I'd say check your RAM first, before you change anything in the bios. I had a RAM stick start to fail and cause those kinds of issues.

[RCF] Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    i think the game was just rushed and coded poorly.
    This is true, but if you're getting bluescreens, it's most likely a driver issue. note down which file is causing it, and maybe the error code (looks like 0x0000000).

[RCF] Member

Quote Originally Posted by Perturabo View Post
    Yeah it's the CPU, I had a nearly identical system before I upgraded. The GPU could use a boost sure, but upgrading your CPU will net you the largest gain in the terribly ported console engine that current CoD games run on.

As for me:

Intel Core i5 2500K, 4433 MHz (43 x 103)
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    8g G Skill
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
    Blackops on a SSD

and also:
    Logitech G15, G35
    Cyborg RAT7
    This is very similar to what I wanted to build about a year ago but with with a i7 920 and 12-16 gig of ram. Thanks for everyones replies. I knew it was my system and I plan to upgrade before another installment comes out. I get so frustrated playing sometimes.

Anyway this computer also about every 6 months gives me an error and tells me the bios aren't installed and I have to break out this stupid dell cd with the os on it and boot from cd and that usually fixes it. Any ideas on that?
    Last edited by konc3pt; May-25-2011 at 10:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread