+ Reply to Thread

Thread: kernel power issue

[RCF] Member

Default kernel power issue

need a little help trouble shooting rig, what are the tolerances for a psu? is dropping to 11.81v during load mean failing? getting kernel power issues when gaming. even at stock speeds processor and gpu same results.

[RCF] Member

What are specifications of P/S?
    Manufacturer?
    Watt?
    How many 12V Rails? 2? 4? Are they all used?

Willy

[RCF] Member

11.81V is excellent during load. What are your 5.0V and 3.3V rails under load? Did you remember to plug in the 4-pin (or 8-pin) CPU power connector(s). These are near the top-center of the motherboard and augment the CPU power draw from the 24-pin motherboard power connector. Does your system crash to a blue screen or shut down completely?

I got this from the EVGA forum: ATX standards specify that power supplies have a +/- 5% maximum variance tolerance on each rail. For each rail, the voltages should be in between:

5 VDC
    +4.75 V to +5.25 V

−5 VDC
    –4.50 V to –5.50 V

+12 VDC
    +11.40 V to +12.60 V

−12 VDC
    –10.8 V to –13.2 V

+3.3 VDC
    +3.135 V to +3.465 V

+5 VSB
    +4.75 V to +5.25 V

I believe if you have a Corsair Power Supply, the guaranteed tolerance is a function of the series (bronze, gold, platinum).

[RCF] Member

was mainly thinking ps from the dip , but maybe chip just needs more voltage. older i7930 ..

[RCF] Member

OK this time today was able to talk in to for a bit before shut down. Has to be driver related temps are all in range , and only looses video when gaming ...

have tried down clocking chip nd gpu's , different cable from monitor to tower, ddu nvidia drivers reinstall, all hardware is runnjing cooler than normal as i clocked everything down but still getting this shit going on. all the reading i have done nothing has fixed.
    Last edited by GuiltyG3ar; Apr-15-2018 at 07:58 AM.

[RCF] Member

basically down till i can figure this out yay...

[RCF] Member

Gotta save for a card I guess gunna grab a evga gtx1070 sc black edition, as I can get a full cover block for it . Not going to run sli until I build my new x299 monster

[RCF] Member

nvlddmkm

getting errors regarding this as well tdr shit , I really don't think card (S) are bad , up until last few updates ran fine games for hours . But I can't remember which update was stable , am able to watch movies , browse use the PC for everything else just games make signal go out .. so guess until video card see you guys later .
    Last edited by GuiltyG3ar; Apr-17-2018 at 03:08 AM.

[RCF] Member

OK , so ripped out the cards , moved the second card from third to last pcie lane. So far so good , ran benchmarks etc no video loss

+ Reply to Thread