+ Reply to Thread

Thread: overheating?

[RCF] Member

Default overheating?

Every time i try to play exo zombies. I get about 10 or 15 mins in and then my computer totally shuts down. This is the third time i've tried it. All my drivers are up to date and i un installed and reinstalled the game. Seems to me maybe something is overheating in my machine seems to be the only explenation i can come up with.

I run cpu-z and gpu-z to monitor my hardware and my gpu temp seems pretty normal. (38-43c when idle) and my processor is liquid cooled. Both seem warm to the touch but nothing abnormal. Any ideas?

I don't think i have the same problem in multiplayer. I only tried it once since then so i don't have a real basis for comparisson. But I will try again in a little while to see if it does the same during multiplayer.

I built this machine about 3 years ago.
    CPU: AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Eight-Core Processor
    MOBO: Crosshair V Formula w/Thunderbolt AM3+ AMD 990FX
    RAM: 16 GB (4x4GB) G.Skill Sniper Series 1866 DDR3
    GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 7970 GHz Edition 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
    HDD: Seagate 1TB Internal HDD, Seagate 1.5TB External HDD
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    DVD: LG BR/DVD/CD Burner w/ 3D playback
    PS: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W 12V ATX
    Tower: Cooler Master HAF 932 Stell ATX Tower (Customized)
    Cooling: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme/ Rexflo 250mm/ CM 230MM(x2)/ Xigmatek 140 mm/ G.Skill Ram Fans/ Evercool pci fan/ Vantec HDD cooling system.
    Mouse: EpicGear 7 Button Wheel Laser + Optical 6000dpi Meduza HDST
    Keyboard: Microsoft Digital media pro keyboard
    Mouse Pad: Control + Speed sided Rocketfish
    Windows 7 Pro

I'm not as up to date with computers as i was some years ago. Any input from you techy nerds is appreciated
    Last edited by konc3pt; Mar-22-2015 at 01:58 PM.

[RCF] Member

Check event viewer in admin tools to see what code it threw before the shutdown. Usually the code will let you know what is causing your issue. It could be psu going bad , exact same thing happend to me with a 800watt it worked fine under normal load but after five mins of.gamong poof no power.

[RCF] Member

when u say shuts down can u be ore exact does it flicker and crash just freeze and then crash I mean it could be a corrupted file in ur game only in that mode causeing it or a write eror on ur hd I could go on but if u five more detail maybe we can narrow it down some more for ya

+ Reply to Thread