+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Unreal Tournament on unreal 4 engine

[RCF] Member

Default New Unreal Tournament on unreal 4 engine

Is anyone else here as stoked as me and vindictive about the production of this game? UT99(GOTY) is still to this day by far the best gameplay, best community, most competitive fps i've ever played!

I for one am very excited, and it seems that someone over at epic games has finally been listening and paying attention. Implementing a completely open source game engine.

"From the very first line of code, the very first art created and design decision made, development will happen in the open, as a collaboration between Epic, UT fans and UE4 developers. We’ll be using forums for discussion, and Twitch streams for regular updates."

Taking the best attributes year from experience, a thing that most game developers these days take for granted. This means endless new mods, new weapons, new maps, etc. I would also be completely shocked if they didn't run on completely dedicated servers.

"It will take many months until the game is playable by gamers. This is real development from scratch.
    When the game is playable, it will be free. Not free to play, just free.
    We’ll eventually create a marketplace where developers, modders, artists and gamers can give away, buy and sell mods and content. Earnings from the marketplace will be split between the mod/content developer, and Epic. That’s how we plan to pay for the game.
    A lot of this is brand new for Epic, and we don’t yet have everything figured out. Things will probably definitely go wrong from time to time, and when they do, we’ll have to work through them together. There will be a lot of tough decisions to make, and not every feature will make it into the game. But if you’re a fan of Unreal Tournament, a UE4 developer, or a future modder – or if you just want to learn how we make games – we hope you’ll join us. It’s going to be fun."

In case you want to check out the classic Unreal Tournament games, you can get them for 50% off right now!

For more information check out https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/th...t-begins-today

[RCF] Member

game has been released in pre alpha and is far from complete but playable and making huge progress and is being updated constantly. Its free to anyone who wants to play it. I suggest you do, its a really fun game! https://www.unrealtournament.com/dow...tournament.com

[RCF] Member

Iam realy excited about this game this is a gamers game and they are all about %100 DEDICATED SERVERS yes real servers of our own!! this game is were fast paced fps started!!!

[RCF] Member

Great Game and so was Quake Multi player they came out about the same time..

[RCF] Member

Hope is better than Black Ops 3, downloaded beta and fucking hate it more than 2.....

[RCF] Member

This game is coming along nicely AND IS STILL FREE! Still no word of the actual full release yet (at least i haven't read up on anything in awhile) but the alpha is very playable and coming along nicely, getting feedback from the community and being updated constantly.

There's already pick up game channels on irc for CTF- and TDM- competitive style play for all weapons and instagib.

IRC: Global Gamers
    #ut4pugs
    #ut4.ig
    #ut4.eu

[RCF] Member

Have to admit not a fan of the halo style bunny hoping rocket launcher style gameplay in this title , sadly I won't be getting it, wasted my money on the last title by said game maker.

+ Reply to Thread